Review of "The Headless Boyfriend" Blog

"The Headless Boyfriend" and interesting name for a blog if you don't mind me saying. For someone who does not know what it refers to, it would be even stranger. Created by Cody Schaffer, Lauren Fleskes and Geoffery Braught. The basic design is good. There is nice color flow and easy to read text. I enjoy the simplicity of the header. There are good pictures and content, however it appears that, aside from the very beginning, only one person uses this blog now. That being, Cody. Lauren was the first to post something, and Geoffery after her, but after that, nothing has been posted by either of those people since.

It is interesting to me that they chose to do an entire blog on a single poem. That appears hard to me. Then again, the poem the chose is big enough to find many thing to talk about. From the content of the poem to its influences on the world, to even a post completely on basil!

I enjoyed the post "Why Basil" as it gave me some new information on that herb that I commonly use while making soup. Gave me a sense of "Huh, I did not know that before now" feeling. I also enjoyed the fact that Cody linked to more content on Basil at the end of his post. I think it is always a good idea to link to more information when you are talking about something like that. Your post can often peak the interest and linking to more content helps the reader satisfy that interest without having to go research on his/her own.

This blog gives lots of good information on the poem. If someone asked me where to find more information on said poem, I would recommend this blog because it gives lots of varying information on the poem. Its not just talking about what the poem means, as many similar sites do. This blog contains information on the poem from many areas.

If the other two authors were to post as well, I believe this blog could have enough content to satisfy someone interested in the poem. Aside from that little flaw, I see no reason this blog should not be widely viewed. It has plenty of content and information to help someone in their understanding of the poem and has an appealing view, in terms of layout and color scheme. If this were a regularly updated blog, I would consider bookmarking it in my commonly visited blog folder to read the new content when it came out.