(Alex Young) Prose Poem

It is the day before Winter Break, and I am stuck sitting in class. All I can think about is what will be happening during the break. All day long I dream of the wonders of Christmas. I think about the smells of fresh baked apple pie, and the pine tree sitting in the living room. I find myself seemingly unable to think about anything other than than these irresistible, warm, fresh smells coming from the kitchen. My teacher hands me a worksheet to complete by the end of the day, But i just continue to dream of the relaxing food filled break that is ahead of me.


Finally, The clock has reached 2:30! I rush out of the building into the blistering cold wind. I continue to my truck and begin to drive home to were my dreams were happening. I drive into the drive way at a unusually fast speed, throw it into park and rush to the door. As I open the door the smells of Norwegian deserts and sugary pies come wiping into my face. I grab one of the cookies that are still sitting on the cooling rack fresh out of the fiery oven, put it into my mouth and I receive a indescribable taste of warm sugar and sweats. As I thank my mother I go to then coach and tun on the television. There I am sitting on the couch almost lifeless, although I saw to myself this next to weeks is dedicated to stuffing my face with a wide variety of sugary treats, and snowboarding my favorite thing to do in my free time.

It is come neer to the end of my wonderful break and i begin to think of the dreaded school once again. I have 3 days left to, I pause in mid sentence as I came to realize I still need to complete this Blog project which has been assigned to my during my break. So know I will slave away for the next few days to make sure that I complete this project.