Blogging Community Assignment

I chose to read and explore the blog, A young persons view on Williams Wordsworth, from the period 4 class. The writers of this blog are; Reed Martin, Megan Nelson, Kody Oldham and Cameron Gray. Their topic is about Williams Wordsworth as well, and it was interesting to learn more and see new perspectives on his work. A Young Persons view on Williams Wordsworth, consists of poems analysis's that I quite enjoyed reading.

Here is the blog: A Young Persons view on William Wordsworth

Their blog is set up nice and easy to read. When I looked at the blog to write this review, there was two posts, so my blog review will be about one of the analysis of the poems. I liked reading the analysis of the poems because I haven't read those poems by Williams Wordsworth and it was interesting to see how another person interpreted his writing. The poem analysis about Andrew Jones, struck me as very interesting. I like how Reed explains the poem, and portrays what Wordsworth is telling us throughout the poem. He tells the story that happens in the poem that is intriguing and pulls me in. Then he begins to talk about the type of person Andrew Jones is, and why people judge him by something cruel that he did. My favorite part of Reeds explanation is when he says "There is always an Andrew Jones in the world, or society we put ourselves in." Because we all know someone who we judge by something they have done or that we have done ourselves, and have been judged because of it. This happens a lot especially in high school, and especially between teenage girls. This quote makes it easy for me to see what Wordsworth is explaining through this poem. Reed then ends his analysis by relating the poem to a particular time in his life. By doing that, he sets up a nice image in my head of what Wordsworth is really trying to explain and get across in this poem.

This is a great blog to read, if you like learning about William Wordsworth poetry, and hearing another view on his poems : Andrew Jones and Perfect Women. This blog provides a clear understanding of the two poems and how you can relate them to life today. There are two biographies of the blog writer themselves, which gives a good insight as to why they are writing about William Wordsworth.